Thursday, January 19, 2012

Public Dancer

My mom was recently given 4 giant boxes full of wood-mounted rubber stamps, and they are slowly making their way to her cardmaking group, friends, and various classrooms she works with that need crafting supplies. One of the stops was in my room at her house, while I was visiting...I swear, I went through those boxes before unpacking! My intention was to use them while I was there, but I got swept up in the holidays and ended up bringing a bunch back with me in my suitcase. Yes, I tipped the skycap! One of the stamps is this fun ballerina from Art Impressions Stamps,and it works so well with this sentiment from Create with TLC.

I embossed & cut out the piece with a Spellbinders die in my Big Shot (Love it!). Although it's difficult to see in these photos, I added pink to the edges of the image & sentiment die cuts with chalks, and sprayed the pieces with matte coating spray. The swirl is from the Scribbles Swirls Sizzlits die, and the flowers are from the Flower Creations Spellbinders Shapeabilities set.

She makes me want to dance across the living room!

Inspiration:
The Crazy Challenge: Tic Tac Toe / left-to-right diagonal (Ribbon/Lace, Image, Gems/Pearls)
The Paper Players Colour Challenge #78: Calypso Coral, Blushing Bride, Pear Pizzazz

Stamps: Art Impressions Stamps, sentiment from Create with TLC
Paper: Hot Fudge Studio, Recollections, KI Memories, stash
Tools: Big Shot, Sizzlits & Spellbinders dies, HP printer & ink, EK Success corner punch, tweezers
Embellishments: Memento ink, Hero Arts & Martha Stewart self-adhesive gemstones, stash lace & bakers twine, Copic marks, Sakura glitter pen


Update: This card made the Top 5 for The Crazy Challenge #102! Thank you!

7 comments:

  1. Wish you live closer to me, this is one stamp I would have to borrow. Such a fun card!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fabulous fun CG! That image just makes me smile xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Haha, this is a hoot! Thanks for playing with the Paper Players and using my colors this week!

    ReplyDelete
  4. lol! What a hilarious creation, I love that image. Sending you a huge welcome to the OSAAT DT, looking forward to getting to know you better
    Big Hugs
    Deb
    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. This just cracks me up! You've made it so fun and funky! Thanks for joining us at the Paper Players!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a funny image!! You made me laugh!!
    Thanks for sharing it.
    ~darling Ho~ DT from The Crazy Challenge

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh this is fabulous and such fun.
    Thanks for joining us at Everybody Art Challenge.
    luv
    Debby

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a message. I truly appreciate it, and I will enjoy hopping over to your blog as well.