Wednesday, November 9, 2011

Dude Time Doodles November FREEBIE Challenge

It's time for another Freebie Challenge at Dude Time Doodles, and I'm super excited to get to play along with the Design Team again as a guest designer! Hope you'll join us; and if you win, you could become the Guest Designer for December! This is a super-fun team, and the images are so great to work with.

This month's freebie is Duck Snowball Warrior. Doesn't he look like he just hit by a snowball & is saying, "Oh yeah?!," about to fire off in snowy retaliation! My husband & I always enjoy a good snowball fight, but it can get pretty serious!

I decided to stick with a snowy color scheme, so I added detail to the digi with gel pens. I generated the sentiment with Harrington, and traced it with a glitter pen as well. The snowman is printed on a shiny white paper and paper-pieced onto the white background. I added "snow" with FlowerSoft & flocking. I made the frame in SCAL & cut it on my Cricut, so that I had a frame with little circles I could make into snowballs! I filled each indent with Glossy Accents and covered it with Polar White FlowerSoft. I cut a backing frame mat from scrap cardboard, and edged it with a gold pen. After putting it all together, I added some glittery Stickles along the inside frame, and on the edges of the tulle.
For the inside, I cut some white circles to make a snowball-pyramid. I edged them with a Smirk glitter pen. I glued a shiny white mat onto the flat white card base, and embossed it together with a Polka Dots (I did the same for the front frame).
There are so many possibilities with this digi, so be sure to enter the challenge and make yourself a fun Winter card!

Supplies:
Stamps: Duck Snowball Warrior from Dude Time Doodles, front sentiment generated with Harrington font
Tools: Fiskars papercutter, Cricut, SCAL, HP printer & ink, Sizzix Texture Boutique, Cuttlebug embossing plate, Martha Stewart detail scissors, ZipDry glue, ZIG glue pen, Glossy Accents
Paper: Recollections, Hammermill
Embellishments: Smirk, Elmer's & Sakura gel pens, Flowersoft, Recollections flocking, Krylon gold leafing pen, cardboard from stash, tulle

5 comments:

  1. Love all the details you put into this cute card, especially the frame you created.

    ReplyDelete
  2. FAB & Fun, brilliant card!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Incredible card, cg!! Fantastic details. Love the frame and bow. Really superb!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wonderful card- wow- I love the frame you created- and how cool- the circles on the inside- that is a brilliant idea!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love this little guy! Great idea with the snowball pyramid inside!
    I might just have to case that my friend!
    Hugs
    Dawn xx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a message. I truly appreciate it, and I will enjoy hopping over to your blog as well.