Saturday, October 29, 2011

Autumn Camus #3

This is my third card using this Albert Camus quote Wordart freebie from Paper Makeup (my first card is here and my second card is here).For my color scheme, I followed Color Throwdown #165: Pool Party, Peach Parfait, Daffodil Delight, Old Olive.

I printed the sentiment onto China Blue linen cardstock from Mark's Finest Papers. I love this stuff. The blue changes depending on the light; for example, in these photos it looks almost white but in my living room it's a baby blue.
As with my second card I used the Vase with Gerbera Daisy stamp SP & Company's For Every Woman set so I used masking to incorporate a leaf stamp. I then used a reverse mask (Thank goodness for adhesive masking paper! Worth every penny!) over the whole thing and heat-embossed some green polka dots onto the vase (I did this for the Polka Dots challenge at Less is More, but totally flaked on the deadline!). This was tricky, but I love the see-through feel.

Because I was making this for Less is More, I tried to keep it CAS (Clean & Simple), which is why everything's stamped onto one layer. This seems simple, but it's certainly doesn't allow for mistakes! I colored the details with Copics, and punched the corners with my Martha Stewart flower corner punch.


The photo is too bright, but all the interior mats are embossed with polka dots:

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to leave a message. I truly appreciate it, and I will enjoy hopping over to your blog as well.