Saturday, July 23, 2011

Enjoying the Journey...in purple

Paulette at TLC Creations recently gave out a special image to her CDAC followers, and as soon as I saw it I knew I had to pair it with Marion's sentiment that I used for my recent flower card. I sprayed purple glimmer mist onto a black ribbon. I whipped this together this morning, before shocking myself and cleaning the bathroom...like, with a toothbrush. A clean home signifies a clean soul! Guess you gotta shake out the dust bunnies every once in a while! Actually, the bird house is close to the color of our actual house...and we both love purple.

I took both images into PhotoShop, used the magic wand tool to select parts of the image, and added a "color overlay". I chose the gorgeous palette over at The Play Date Challenge and the groovy Deconstructed Sketch.

Inspiration:
Play Date Challenge #90
Deconstructed Sketch No. 11

Digi Stamps: Vintage New Home by TLC Creations, Happiness Ticket by When the Scrap Hits the Fun

Paper: Core'dinations, Recollections, Hammermill
, stash DP
Tools: HP printer & ink, Adobe PhotoShop & InDesign, Fiskars papercutter & punch, Tim Holtz scissors, Recollections punch, EK Success corner punch, Martha Stewart border punch
Other: ZipDry glue, Stampendous embossing powder, Versamark ink, AtYou Spica glitter pen, Elmer's gel pen, Copics, stash ribbon (Thanks Sandra!), Tattered Angels glimmer mist

6 comments:

  1. excellent sweetie!!! love the colors
    hugs
    xMx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Purple....ok....I'm tryin' to like the colour....er...still tryin'....nope, can't do it....BUT...love the ickle birdhouse...lol!
    So....nuff with the purple, girlie!

    ReplyDelete
  3. fabulous!!! the colours at PDCC were awesome last week! I went crazy and made three cards!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love this card....the colors are great....what a way cool image...

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is really nice. I like the way you flipped the sketch and your image is fantastic. Thanks for joining us for this week's Deconstructed Sketch.

    ReplyDelete
  6. You are so very creative!!!

    Such a lovely image.

    xxx Monica

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a message. I truly appreciate it, and I will enjoy hopping over to your blog as well.