Tuesday, May 24, 2011

Distressing Friendship Card

This week's theme at Mo's Challenge Blog is Distressing, and I wasn't sure if they meant paper distressing or ink distressing, so I incorporated both. Like I needed an excuse to use her adorable images!

I was introduced to this "Joy Fold" technique by the ABC Christmas Challenge blog, and although I didn't make their deadline I did use the idea (& their super tutorial) for this card.

The smaller card is actually a modified version of my tent card template, but my original idea didn't go as planned so it ended up like this!

I ink-distressed the paper with Ballerina Pink dye ink and a handy-wipe, and also used an emery board to distress the edges of the paper. The rose bouquets were stamped in blue and colored with Copics.
Digi stamps: Kiesha's Curtain Call and Two Tasha by Mo's Digital Pencil
Supplies:
sentiment stamps from Pick a Peck set by Raisin Boat, Rose bouquet stamp by Stampin' Up!, Recollections and Hammermill cardstocks, K&Co. designer paper, Memento, InkItUp! and Versamark inks, ZipDry glue, MS scissors and border punch, Cricut & SCAL, Marvy punch

Copics: rv11, rv23, rv42, yr01, e51, e11, e33, e35, e17, e37, b23, b32, b00, b0000, yg03

3 comments:

  1. This card is a riot! How clever to use those two images together! Glad you joined us in Mo's Challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh what a brilliant idea to use both images kind of a "behind the scenes" LOL Wonderful.Thanks so much for playing with us at Mo’s Digital Pencil Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  3. oh so creative and cutie from mo manning.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a message. I truly appreciate it, and I will enjoy hopping over to your blog as well.