Sunday, February 6, 2011

Takin' a Bite Out of the Blues

Even though I'm hosting the PaperFacesDesigns Challenge: Blue, and had promised to use only PFD images this month, I just had to take a moment to try out my new My Little Monsters stamp set. Plus, I've been intrigued with this week's SPCC color combo (on the right), and Cute Card Thursday Banish the Blues challenge: "cards that feature humour....it can be a funny image or a funny sentiment."

I think the card turned out pretty cute considering it's super-simple: one piece of paper, one piece of ribbon. I used a piece of 100# Hammermill cardstock for the card base, and punched a circle on the bottom for a "bite mark", tracing it with deckle scissors for a ragged edge. I used the awesome "extra eye" stamp in the set to add a little surprise inside the card. I added a Hero Arts sentiment to the one that came with the Monster stamp sets, and stamped everything in turquoise Chalk Ink (trying to match Marina Mist). I masked the monsters and sprayed the front with yellow glimmer mist. I had monstrous fun coloring them with Copics!
Theme: Cute Card Thursday Challenge #150: Banish the Blues
Color: Scrapmaster's Paradise Color Combo #85: Old Olive, Daffodil Delight, Marina Mist

Supplies: Hammermill cardstock, Inkadinkado spray ink and stamp mask paper, Versamark chalk ink, fiskars papercutter and deckle scissors, Copic Ciao markers, Offray ribbon, silicon stamps by Recollections and Hero Arts

1 comment:

Thank you for taking the time to leave a message. I truly appreciate it, and I will enjoy hopping over to your blog as well.