Monday, February 7, 2011

A Recipe for Love

I realized that I haven't used my Cricut for my past several cards, so I spent a little time in SCAL with rounded squares to make a window card, following this week's sketch at Card Positioning Systems. For the theme, I turned to Supply Challenge at There She Goes: 3 patterned papers, 2 buttons, 1 sparkly element. This was really quite a challenge, because I wanted to use double-sided cardstock, and if I used two double-sided papers, that would be 4 patterns! So I found a cardstock that was patterned on one side and plain on the other; hope this doesn't count as cheating! I used a button brad to make the flower that I cut on the Cricut, and a button I found in my stash (from a mauve velveteen jacket I used to own) to hang the angel.

The angel is counting as my "sparkly element," as it's detailed with gel pens and is quite sparkly. It's actually something I made months ago, using the Live Angel from PaperFacesDesigns' Live-Laugh-Love digi stamp set. I imported the digi into SCAL, adding some holes for hanging, and cut out the shape on acetate. I found that cutting it twice with my Cricut on "high" worked well. Then, I printed the image at the same size and traced it onto the plastic angel with Sakura gel pens, which was the only thing I could find that would stick.
Digi stamp: Live Angel by PaperFacesDesigns

Inspiration:
There She Goes Challenge #93: 3 patterned papers, 2 buttons, 1 sparkly element
Card Positioning Systems Sketch #204

Supplies: K&Company Valentine's Designer double-sided paper pack, Relaxed textured cardstock, VersaMark chalk ink, ZipDry glue, stash buttons and thread, Sakura gel pens, Cricut Expression, SCAL, 09 KutUps dingbat font for flower shape

1 comment:

Thank you for taking the time to leave a message. I truly appreciate it, and I will enjoy hopping over to your blog as well.