Sunday, February 6, 2011

Farmer John, I'm in Love with Your Daughter (Oh-Oh)

So this morning, while I was putting off a good 2-hours worth of data entry, I discovered Cupcake Craft Challenges. The current challenge called up the traditional "Old MacDonald" song, but I'm currently more familiar with the Neil Young version of farm life. However, I've been looking for an excuse to pull out the foam farm-themed stamps in my stash. And never need an excuse to use Angel Cornelia from PaperFacesDesigns! I also come from two lines of dairy farmers, which explains my using the horned cow stamp instead of the happy horse I had to choose from! And I always remember my Dad's family's barn being blue, although I think it was many colors over the years.

Because I was also doing that data entry thing I mentioned, plus whatever else one does on a Sunday, I managed to miss the Old MacDonald challenge by less than a minute! Darn! But Faye from Cupcake Challenges commented, which meant a lot. But I made the deadline for the color combo I followed, at the Color Dare.

I think it's pretty obvious that I had too much fun making this! After stamping (and masking) the farm images, I "painted" the background with yellow and blue spray inks. I masked the card with a deckle piece of paper to get the rough edge between the colors. I also purposefully overlapped the colors to create the green strip (a neat trick with blue and yellow). I also sprayed the wings; the front in yellow, the back in blue. One of the farm-themed stamps in the set is a cute fence element, and I trimmed back the foam to be able to line it up. I stamped a row and embossed it in white...can't wait to try this again! For the slide-out sentiment, I grabbed this lovely Happiness is Homemade from TLC Creations. I really love how it has an "aged" or stamped effect. Printed beautifully on the yellow paper!

Coincidentally, the Green Bay Packers won the Super Bowl today. Since the farm I mentioned earlier is from Wisconsin, this is a family occasion. These do look like beef cattle, don't they‽​ Go Packers!



Digi stamp:
Angel Cornelia by PaperFacesDesigns
Digi sentiment by TLC Creations

Theme: Cupcake Craft Challenge #127: Old MacDonald had a Farm
Color: Color Dare #95: Daffodil Delight, Marina Mist, Basic Black

Sliding Pop-Out Card Tutorial: Kim Score for Splitcoaststampers

Supplies: Hammermill and Recollections cardstocks, Tattered Angels glitter mist, Inkadinkado spray ink and stamp mask paper, Memento and InkItUp! inks, fiskars papercutter and deckle scissors, Copic Ciao markers, MS detailing scissors, Stampendous! white embossing powder, Marvy heat tool, ZipDry glue, stash foam-rubber stamps

1 comment:

  1. So sorry you missed us! This is a really cool Old Macdonal card too. Thanks for trying to play at Cupcake, hopefully we will see you another time! Enjoy the last bit of the weekend. x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a message. I truly appreciate it, and I will enjoy hopping over to your blog as well.