Wednesday, February 16, 2011

A little gem

Another week, another awesome Embellishment Challenge over at CDAC. This week's is hosted by VN Digital Art, who's asked us to use lace and rhinestones. Having just this weekend purchased some cheap-o lace, I was pretty excited. To make it even more fun, I used the sweet My Flower freebie offered for use in this challenge. My husband says she looks a bit like StarFire.

To give myself a bit more direction, I used Curtain Call Color Challenge Act 69: Cherry Cobbler, Whisper White, Crumb Cake, Very Vanilla & Real Red. This was a fairly challenging combo, but it allowed me to use two of my favorite papers: the red-and-white flower pattern, and the tiny-heart pre-embossed, off-white paper. For the "crumb cake" backgrounds on the front, I painted Cinnamon Stickles onto a kraft-colored cardstock. For the sentiment, I once again turned to You make my life sparkle by TLC Creations.

I highly recommend checking out the other entries to both of these challenges; they are beyond gorgeous!

Digi stamp: My Flower by VN Digital Art
Sentiment digi stamp: You make my life sparkle by TLC Creations

Theme and image: CDAC Embellishment Challenge hosted by VN Digital Art
Color: Curtain Call Color Challenge Act 69

Supplies: K&Company, PaperStudio, X-Press Copic, and Recollections cardstocks, HP printer & ink, Fiskars papercutter, Simplicity ruffled lace, Tim Holtz scissors, Recollections gemstones, emery board, Sakrua gel pens, Atyou Spica clear glitter pen, Stickles

Copic Ciao markers: E35, E51, E11, E08, R59, R27, R29, R02
Copic Sketch marker: E17

2 comments:

  1. Beautiful. Love the full lace. Sentiment is perfect.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello,
    a wunderful card, i like it.
    Greets

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a message. I truly appreciate it, and I will enjoy hopping over to your blog as well.