Wednesday, December 29, 2010

Happy New Border Punch

I've been wanting to make a window card, and thanks to the blogosphere I found the inspiration!I designed the card and the window in Scal so that I could get the fold I wanted; but for the pretty lace elements I pulled out my shiny new border punch and used my scraps. The text was made in InDesign and printed on gray paper. I stamped the little green birds on the brown paper, aligned clear acetate over it and stamped the cages in black. The window frame is "aged" with a gray marker. And I couldn't help but decorate the back of the card in brown with the larger version of the bird.

Inspiration:
Color: ColourQ Challenge #65: old olive, kraft, basic gray, basic black, vanilla & whiteTheme: Freshly Brewed Challenge #28: Celebrate/New Year'sSketch: Cardmaking & Papercraft magazine Sketch Challenge #5

Supplies:
My Mind's Eye Lost & Found/Market Street "Adore" silicon stamps, Martha Stewart border punch, ColorBox & StazOn inks, Recollections & Staples cardstocks, Graphix clear plastic, Cricut personal cutter, SCAL2 software, Velcro, ZipDry glue, HP printer & ink, Guinness Extra Stout font, Copic C-5 Cool Gray marker


4 comments:

  1. Oh wow at all these layers and eye catching details. I love the window and the fold.

    Thanks for celebrating with us at Freshly Brewed Challenges!!! Hope you have a happy and blessed New Year

    ReplyDelete
  2. Really cool card!! Totally impressed!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful card! Lots of lovely details! Thanks for playing the ColourQ challenge this week. Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  4. How cute! I like the layered, punched borders and windows in the card front. Thanks for playing with us at the ColourQ!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a message. I truly appreciate it, and I will enjoy hopping over to your blog as well.